- Thirty day check–we call clients 30 days after their divorce to see how they are doing.
- Yearly anniversary check--The anniversary check is designed to keep the client aware of their rights and to ensure that problems can be fixed or contempts filed or modifications obtained where necessary.
- Lump sum alimony payments
- Termination of rehabilitative alimony
- College approaching
- Birthdays of client and children (we send cards)
- Child reaching age of majority (21 in some states, 18 or 19 in others)
- Deadlines for sale of property
- 6-month fraud deadline to challenge the final order--an order cannot generally be challenged after six months have passed. For example, suppose a client learns a couple of months after the entry of the final order, that their former spouse had won the lottery and concealed that from them. If this is to be brought before the court, it generally must be raised within 6 months. So, we send a letter to each client five months after their divorce, warning them of this deadline.