Helping Families Regain Their Strength
Dealing with Domestic Abuse
Helping Victims of Domestic Violence in Jackson, MS
Chinn & Associates has partnered with The Center for Violence Prevention (CVP) in Pearl, Mississippi to bring you important information on Dealing with Domestic Abuse.
CVP is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people dealing with abuse. Serving eight counties in Central Mississippi (Rankin, Hinds, Madison, Issaquena, Warren, Yazoo, Simpson, and Sharkey) since the 1970s, CVP has a 24-hour crisis and referral line to help people in immediate need. The organization has a team of trained personnel to provide a wide range of services and referrals. CVP believes that everyone has the right to a violence-free life and works with the communities it serves to accomplish this.
CVP is dedicated to stopping the continuing cycle of abuse that so many Central Mississippi residents have to deal with every single day.
In 2009, CVP:
- Answered 526 crisis calls;
- Provided emergency shelter for 133 women and children;
- Assisted 52 non-residential clients with advocacy and therapy services;
- Provided a state-certified daycare facility to our clients’ children;
- Offered weekly group therapy sessions to shelter and non-shelter clients;
- Provided intensive case management and advocacy services; and
- Started the Metro’s only Duluth-certified Batterer’s Intervention Program, which has approximately 50 court-ordered offenders enrolled at this time.
The Center for Violence Prevention
P.O. Box 6279 Pearl, MS 39288-6279
Phone: 601-932-4198 Fax: 601-936-7749
Founder of Chinn & Associates, Mark A. Chinn is a seasoned Jackson, Mississippi family law attorney who has dedicated his career to helping clients through some of the most difficult times in their lives. He is dedicated to using his talent and experience to empower his clients to lead the lives they want to lead.Read More
“I am forever grateful” - Linda
“Make that call before you blink” - JMPOP