If You Go to Court, Make Sure You Raise All Issues

Divorce orders are subject to change or “modification” usually if there is what is known as a “substantial change in circumstances.” When such a change occurs, divorced persons should contact a lawyer. However, there is a caveat: make sure all issues are addressed. If a person goes to court seeking a change and fails to bring up everything that could be changed, they might be barred from bringing that issue up in the future. Howard v. Howard, 968 So. 2d 961, 973 (¶27) (Miss. Ct. App. 2007)